You wouldn't know it from this picture, but Malcolm used to resist getting in the swing. We would try to encourage him, but he would often refuse. It wasn't until a few months ago did he re-discover that he really likes it. It's funny how toddler's brain works, he can love something one minute and detest it another. He will eat something with such content and enjoyment that you're absolutely shocked to see him scream and cry when it's rejected the very next day. What a roller coaster of emotions it must be, glee followed with outright defiance then sprinkle in some tears and that's how every day goes on. They didn't coin the phrase "terrible two's" for nothing. Let's hope the highs outweigh the lows, cause right now Tracey and Roger are considering renaming him Sybil some days.
Some frequent phrases these days:
- Let's eat dinner Malcolm, "I'm not going to eat dinner."
- Time to have a nap, "I'm not going to have a nap."
- 6am wake up, "I had enough sleep Mommy and Daddy, I wanna get outta here."
- "It's time to watch something on TV"
- Why don't you try it Malcolm, "I'm not going to try it, I don't like it."
- How do you know you don't like it, you've never tried it: "(silence)"
- What would you like for lunch Malcolm? "I know, popsicle and ice cream."
- The most frequent question asked lately: "What is it?" Even though he knows what it is. It can be very cute, but also maddening.