Sunday, July 03, 2011

Fever out of no where?

I don't know what brought it on, but Malcolm has had a pretty high fever for four days now. Suffice to say our Canada Day celebrations were low key. Tracey and Roger were planning to take him to see the fireworks, but I guess it will have to wait until next time. Malcolm has no energy and no appetite- it's really tough to see him like this. The doctor said that it is a virus and could take 4 -7 days to run its course. We're on day 4 now so hopefully we'll see a big improvement soon.
Malcolm's first swim lesson
Before he got sick, Malcolm had his first swimming lesson last week at the Canada Games Pool and did really well. He blew bubbles and got his head wet no problem. I bet he'll be swimming like a fish before the classes are over.
Malcolm and Melody at Locarno Beach
It's nice when Malcolm and Melody get along and just take a minute to enjoy each other's company.
This was the end of a fun day at Locarno Beach...the kids got to build sandcastles and play in the water. Hopefully we'll have lots of days like this all summer long.
DSC_6586 - 2011-07-02 at 10-24-59
Melody has been enjoying the sunshine and warm weather we've had for the last few days. She's a dare devil at the playground and loves to climb and go down all the big kid slides. She tries really hard to keep up to her big brother.
DSC_6596 - 2011-07-03 at 16-16-07
I almost forgot, Happy Anniversary to me! It's been six years since Roger and Tracey picked me up in Victoria and took me on the ferry to my new home with them. Sure have been a lot of changes in our household since then, but I'm still top dog! I love that Grandma and Papa live downstairs - it means extra treats and not much alone time for me. I'm a pretty lucky guy - I even heard that there might a special camping trip in my future this summer with Roger, Tracey and the kids.

No comments: